Friday 18 December 2009

Attracting An Audience Evaluation

How did you attract your audience?

In order to attract my target audience I researched NME magazine - the Morrissey edition. 'Bigmouth strikes again' is one of his song titles, which immediately grabs the target audience's attention. I followed the similar conventions of this magazine front cover, including the aging image of 'Towler Flannagan', which immediately portrays an old rock star, who is coming back on the scene. The stern look, when Morrissey poses, I applied this technique; which enabled me to show the age of the subject. The receding hair and grey hairline, also shows age. As I mainly wanted to portray the main subject as an aging rock star, there was no need for excessive editing. I made the main focus the guitar, which shows what he was most famous for - and not being a sexual icon like many talented musicians today. I applied a serif black, red and white font throughout my magazine to create cohesion and to allow it to look professional and mature. I stayed away from bright colours as I believe this attracts a younger audience, due to my target audience being mainly of the age of 18-50 years this would seem unprofessional. The images and text used allowed me to show a different subject who was once known for his crazy antics, to now being a much more laid back country-rock singer. I opted for a house themed photograph, with logs for the fire, a Fender guitar in hand and a family couch to imply a country like feel.


NME magazine highly influenced my product, especially this particular front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment